586 Bryant St
Grenada, MS 38901
662-227-3404 – fax
Founded in 1898 in response to a fire that destroyed a large part of the downtown area, it is the mission of the City of Grenada Water / Sewer Department to provide safe drinking water to all customers and fire protection to the residents of the City of Grenada.
Originally we were the City of Grenada utilities consisting of water, sewer, and electric. We operated from the old coal burning plant located just west of the Railroad on the north side of Bryant Street where you can still see the coal plant’s smokestack today. However the electric utility was later sold to Mississippi Power and Light Company leaving the City of Grenada with just the Water / Sewer utilities.
Today we service and maintain approximately 266 Square miles of service area consisting of approximately 1200 miles of water lines into other counties. We also maintain approximately 500 miles of sewer lines with 60 sewage pumping stations. Along with our water lines we operate 19 water treatment facilities, 32 ground water pumps, 15 storage tanks, 2 water pumping stations and 21 RTU / telemetry units. We currently have over 8000 water meters and 6000 sewer taps servicing nearly 20,000 permanent residents along with transient visitors to our businesses and community facilities such as Grenada Lake and Camp McCain.
Forms / links